The interior design industry has a huge impact on the environment and has a lot to improve.
The times we're living are certainly challenging, but also rich in opportunities.
Sustainable & circular design are rising, rethinking furniture, accessories, finishes etc. to make them less harmful to our planet.
I've created SforSustainable to inspire and help professionals & interior design lovers to start making more sustainable interior design choices.
On SforSustainable, you’ll find:
- a curated and regularly updated selection of sustainable interior design products
- detailed explanations of what makes each item a sustainable choice
- dedicated discount codes
SUSTAINABILITY IN INTERIOR DESIGN: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Sustainability is a broad word.
In interior design it means a lot of different things like:
- using natural materials, that are not harmful to the environment
- preferring those natural materials that need less resources to be grown
- creating new products out of recycled materials
- upcycling waste into design products
- exploiting natural resources efficiently
- adopting ethical production practices
- ...and more
The interior design industry has just started its journey towards more sustainable standards.
No product is perfect yet (and maybe it will never be), but some companies are genuinely trying to make a difference, and that's what you will find on SforSustainable.
Because beautiful interiors don't need to come at a cost for the environment!
I only feature products I believe in for their effort to make interior design a more sustainable industry.
I am not sponsored by any company, but I do partner with some – for instance in the creation of dedicated discount codes that will hopefully make sustainable products even more accessible.
Some of the links on this website are affiliated but still, I only feature products I personally believe in.
Hi! I'm Silvia, interior designer & design blogger on a mission: making interiors good for wellbeing & our planet.
My design philosophy is based on biophilic design & sustainable options, which is what inspired me to create SforSustainable.
See more about me
Check out my blog columns related to sustainability: